[TechAssist] Re: CTC-187CL3 WithON/OFF etc. on seperate board

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:34:12 -0700

Hi Buck,

Is this a 31" set?  I had the same chassis about 4 years ago with the
same symptoms--except for replacing the fly and HOT.  Mine would also
change channels without the front panel connected.  I did the tuner
wrap, replaced many diodes in the P/S and changed the infrared sensor.
I think I also replaced some of the switches on the front panel.  It
drove me crazy!  I'm not sure what fixed it.  I am very curious what
your fix will turn out to be.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada