[TechAssist] Re: CTC169 vertical

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:12:55 +0000

I actually pulled it and stuck it on my BK 830 it read 1.505 uf, I guess I
can swap it out and see if it is failing interally, the set gets touchy
generalized can tap in the region of the cap, the flyback, SCR ...  will
cause problems after the set has run for ~ 10 min will be worse than cold.
And I tried reflowing the vertical circuit as on page 2-4 of the RCA
schematic.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: CTC169 vertical
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:51:09 -0500

Check C4511 It is a box cap toward the front of the board. I've had bad
solder on this and internal breaks on it. Try tapping on it.
Al Marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx
Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
206 W Main