[TechAssist] Re: CTC 187BD2 FIXED has bow now.

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:34:06 -0800

I would suspect components in the Pin cushion circuit rather than C4303 in the
horizontal driver circuit. CR4403 should be a suspect or the components in the
Pin output circuit. I'm not sure what your chassis is using for a Pin cushion
modulator, but I think it is on a small vertically mounted CBA.

It is possible that you could have 1 of two different boards. Q4851 is the Pin
cushion output transistor. It is an NPN used on one of the two modules.

The other module uses an PNP for the Pincushion output. It is location Q4802.

If either one of these transistors or associated circuits fail to operate the
width and E/W pincushion will be effected.

Dennnis Viereck