[TechAssist] Re: BOSE Powered Acoustimass 5 Series III

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:03:27 -0500

Ty, the AM5 III is powered on/off from the head unit which is probably a
    Lifestyle 5 or some such. In order to service it you'll need the
cable that goes between the AM5 and the LS5, the LS5 and maybe the
remote control. Also you'll find it impossible to purchase parts from
Bose unless you are an ASC, they have gotten to the point where even the
ASC's are not allowed to repair some products even when out of warranty
and they won't sell us parts for products they have specified as factory
serviceable only. I had to return two units to customers last week for
just that reason. The AM5 series III is field repairable but the AM5
series II is not. Additionally if you are dealing with a lightning
damage situation you may have to replace both boards to fix it or plan
on retiring before you get it fixed. Should you decide to accept this
mission............I can feed you information. This message will self
destruct it 5 minutes!
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics