[TechAssist] Re: Any ideas on Sylvania SST4273

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:28:37 -0400

Cut and pasted some of my emails in my archives:
SST4xxx models: symptoms/responses from emails in my archives:

 sylvania model sst4191 dead set fix..d642 was shorted. replaced it with
nte580
.Sylvania SST4192 shuts off.  I recently had a 19" Symphonic with that
symptom. The set I had was mfg 11/02.
Perhaps it may be similar enough.  See if it has Q622.  I couldn't find
a replacement but I found ECG 2355 worked.
Heating and cooling found this little critter.
Good luck.
Sylvania SST4192 shuts off.  See if it has a R520  .82 ohm 2 watt  if so
that is probably the problem.
This would be a longshot in the dark or just a bit of brainstorming but
since manufactures tend to recycle designs. What about an intermittent
regulator or simmilar. Rember the Infamous +6V regulators that kept the
TV-VCR combos from comming on. I know it is not the same but there could be
a simmilar idea happening... or Vert IC? audio IC? I am assuming it is an
I2C type buss. I take it that Funai tech support wasn't helpful.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV
Sylvania 27" (funai) SST4272 Q571 HOT shorted,other?]  Phil,Check on the
cd I sent you for model 6427CTA;Also on these units
check/replace the following;IC501,ZD396,R396,R397 & Q672.........
Don of HARTS-TVCR-ASC
Sylvania TV, SST4272, Dead.  FIX  This 27" set, mfg Mar. 2002, was
dead.  Found open R603, 3.3M, 1/4 watt.
Could just as easily been R602; same value.  Both are in series, supplies
start-up to FET Q601 (2SK3407).  No other fault found.
 Hope these help,
Phil Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc

Royal19960@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi all.
>I have a Sylvania SST4273 in the shop. It is dead. Here is what I found so
>far.
>Volts on the switches=3.5V
>Volts of collector of H output=46
>Crystal on micro not oscillating. I do get a pulse about twice a second but
>it will not oscillate. I replaced the crystal, no differance
>I called " tech assist" at Funai and the guy said they have a flyback problem
>but I can't see how that would kill the crystal. He also said there is a uPC
>problem with these set but he does not even troubleshoot or assist over the
>phone.
>Any of you run into this before I order a micro and fly and then find out
>it's something else?
>Thanks in advance
>Roy
>
>Roy E. Adams C.E.T./C.A.
>Bonded TV Service
>5158 W Forest Home Ave
>Milwaukee, WI 53219
>414-541-9111
>Bondedtv.com
>We have over 8,000 tubes listed on the website
>Web hosting at only $50.00 per year at BondedHost.com

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx