[TechAssist] Re: 36" RCA Model MM36110 intermittent shutdown

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 10:40:48 -0500

I have had the very same problem with many of High end set for RCA with
similar chassis. The MM101, DTV306/307 and such. They are all alike just the
DTV chassis are not multifrequency like the MM101. In all cases we changed
the micro and in all cases the new one that came in had a HAND written
version number on it. The software version on the new one is different from
the old one. Even though they all use different micros I have gotten new
version numbers on all replacements. In some cases we also changed the the
keyboard FPA. In all cases the set never came back.

Also concerning error codes, to date I have never found one that told me
where the problem was, even in a remote case. I still give them a look but
usually discount them.

Good luck

Jason

Mouton's Electronics