[TechAssist] 1997 Samsung 27" pulls in on right side. HOT gets HOT.

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:44:41 -0400

Just wondering if in Samsung Techs can help out.

I have a Samsung Model TXB2735.

Came in dead. Found HVT and HOT bad, and also coil L453 burned.

Changed them all with OEM parts. Now set fires up, but picture pulls in
on right side. It varies with
video content. Also turning up  the screen or brigthness causes the
same effect.
The H.O.T. runs very hot, and I can't leave it on more than about 5
mins for fear of
H.o.t. failure. Does it with generic flyback and Samsung flyback,
although the Samsung
flyback appears to be a generic also as the mounting holes are missing.

The set acts like the HVT circuit can't deliver the power needed. And
scan derived
voltages go down when the screen control is turned up.  I substiturd B+
voltages
and tested every thing I can, everything appears ok.

Has anyone seen anything like this. It's a 1997 27" Samsung ??????

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
Electronics Maintenace
966 Bellmore Ave.