[TechAssist] Re: 13"magTV #HD1305 flyback - core fell apart

  • From: Ralph Dorsey <Merlin-Wizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:50:17 -0600

I've been reading several post on this problem,,,is the old fly still
available? I've found if you put an old (defective fly) on a Pyrex dish
(glass) or even a piece of aluminum foil and put it in a pre-heated oven at
400degress for about 5 minutes, you can pull the cores apart without breaking
them. Make sure you use some gloves or something because they will of course
get hot. Don't try this with a good fly! You will damage it. However if you
need a sure fix, this will allow you to do it without purchasing another new
fly. i've had them come in from the distributors with cracked or broken cores
and have used this a few times. I then use the silicon to re- assemble them
instead of the varnish or epoxy that they must use at the factory. (of course
use the metal clamp that holds them together. just a note...if 5 minutes
isn't enough, add 2 minutes at a time until it comes apart.