[TCUG] Re: Wacky Ideas "sat-changes"

  • From: "Parrett, Simon" <simon.parrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:36:11 +0100

Dear all,

I have been set thinking about detection strategy (VA and fixed time -
Gap-out) any views?

"You allocate a nice chunk of green to an approach so what happens? - the
drivers trickle through - the first 10-15 drivers know that they are going
to get through so what's the rush ? ....!"

I was wondering if anybody has looked at in introducing "sat-changes" or
even UTC "sat-outs" i.e. the signals changing should the current measured
running saturation flow on an approach fall below a threshold - as opposed
to gap-changes? (or is this already part of the MOVA strategy?)

Introducing such sat-changes might even lead to an overall increase in
sat-flows so we all benefit - especially if we up the thresholds year on
year.

Simon Parrett
Engineer Network Management
City of York Council

This email represents the personal views of the author/sender.  The
author/sender has no authority or delegation to bind the City of York
Council by this e-mail and the City of York Council accepts no
responsibility whatsoever for its contents.  Please note that any reply to
this email may be screened.