[TCUG] Wacky Ideas - Intergreen values

  • From: "Peter Heath" <P.Heath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:14:11 +0100

Going back to Mervyn's original request for wacky ideas, what about the
investigation of intergreen values and possible reduction or being more
responsive to traffic all to improve capacity.

Are the calculations still valid in this day and age?
Are they similar to those on the continent?
Does removing the starting amber improve capacity?
Can we use variable intergreens like on puffins i.e. reduce intergreen on
gap out?
Can we incorporate additional "tram style" detection i.e. detection on
leaving side of junction or stop line?
Can we alter intergreens in relation to approach speeds - down as well as
up?

Peter Heath
Senior Assistant Engineer
Greater Manchester Urban Traffic Control

Tel: 0161 247 3162
Mobile: 07876 218272

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.