[TCUG] Re: Speed Cameras

  • From: "Philip Selvidge" <Selvp001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:33:40 -0000

Fixed
Leicestershire have used Traffipax since 1991 and it is technically excellent.
T/Pax
speed cameras use piezo's not radar and reliability used to be a problem
because
the surface mounted piezo's tended to get damaged.  The newer flush mounted
seem to be fine provided installation is carried out correctly and lane
definition is not
a problem with piezo's.  The succession of UK agents have been less than
brilliant
but  I have hopes that TSS, who have taken it over from PEEK, will be more
succesful.  Odd problems with reliability can take longer to resolve when
dealing with
Teutonic resolve!

Mobile
We are just about to take delivery of a Lasercam mobile system that is
digitally
recorded - not tape - and works in near darkness.  We have had it for some time
but
approval problems have left us waiting for the new updated version.
I will send you some blurb direct or they have a web site www.poltech.com.au

Phil Selvidge

From:                   "Probert, Norman" <Norman.Probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:                     "Tcug (E-mail)" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:                [TCUG] Speed Cameras
Date sent:              Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:10:38 -0000
Send reply to:          tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone done any work on the comparison of the reliability of
Speed Camera systems, mobile versus fixed etc, Piezo versus loops
etc?. There is concern in Area 9 that the standard of equipment being
supplied for mobile sites is poor and consequently unreliable.

Also has anyone found an alternative to T??.

Norman Probert
Traffic Signals Operations Team Leader
AmeyMouchel - HA Area 9
Warndon Motorway Compound
Pershore Lane, Warndon
Worcester       WR4 0AA
Direct line    01905 68-3220
Mobile    0774 871 2946
Fax       01905 756648
e-mail  norman.probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail is confidential
and intended to be solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may
contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. If you are
not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the
addressee) please e-mail us at postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and delete
the message from your computer: copying, distribution, use or
disclosure of its contents is strictly prohibited.

As Internet communications are capable of data corruption no
responsibility is accepted for changes made to this message after it
was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on advice
contained in any e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it.
In addition, no liability or responsibility is accepted for viruses
and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

Please note that for business purposes, outgoing and incoming emails
may be monitored and recorded in accordance with our Email policy.
This includes scanning incoming emails to detect viruses.

AmeyMouchel is the trading name of the joint venture between Amey
Highways Ltd registered office 13/14 Margaret Street  London W1W 8RN
registered in UK 3612746 and Mouchel Parkman UK Ltd registered office
West Hall Parvis Road West Byfleet Surrey KT14 6EZ registered in UK
message from the TCUG mailing list. For information about the list
visit //www.freelists.org/webpage/tcugPhil Selvidge
tel 0116 299 5671
fax 0116 255 7997
email selvp001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx