[TCUG] Re: Raised controllers

  • From: Lee Ford <LFFord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:10:41 +0100

We recently had a new junction installed where the controller was to be
located in a very similar way in that it was located in a flood plain and
was required to be raised at least 1m above the surrounding area.

In this instance we were lucky to have an area of land available adjacent to
the river where some sympathetic landscaping was carried out that resulted
in a gentle mound being constructed where the controller now sits.

If you have the land this is the best way, as the original idea was to
construct a concrete plinth with a long ramp and protection barriers around
it.  This proposal on the submitted drawings did not look good at all.

The developers did not do too much investigation into alternatives and I
don't know what else can be done without compromising on H&S.

Lee Ford