[TCUG] Open Meeting 9th June

  • From: Bull Peter <Peter.Bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TCUG e-mail list posting (E-mail)" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:23:33 +0100

A reminder that the next TCUG Open Meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th June,
starting at 10.30 for 11.00. The meeting will be held at the Civil Servants
Recreation Club (CSRC) off Chadwick Street in Westminster.

There will be two presentations during the morning session, with your
opportunity to raise anything of concern in the afternoon, followed by reports
from committees and groups.

The morning presentations will be on the theme of monitoring network
performance. Peter Bull from Sheffield will report on the DfT's congestion
monitoring proposals which will result in us all receiving gigabytes of data
each month - which we will have to report on in our LTP monitoring. A speaker
from Lancashire will report on their work to directly monitor network
performance through journey time measurement.

We will also have a report and demonstration from TfL on their Ghost project to
provide legacy-compatible UTC communications using GPRS.

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be
disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the
addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as
soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for
the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a
public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or
amended please tell us as soon as possible.