[TCUG] Metered electrical supplies

  • From: "Oliver David B" <david.b.oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 30 Aug 2005 08:53:00 -0000

I know that this subject has been raised before, but I'd appreciate feedbac=
k.
We have been informed that our electricity supply provider NEDL are insisti=
ng
that all new supplies to signals with a loading greater than 500 watts must
have a metered supply.

Is this the case nationally=3F Is there a reference document from some
controlling body that sets out this requirement=3F
If=20you use metered supplies, where do you site the meter, what arrangemen=
ts are
made for meter reading etc=3F

It seems from the TCUG web site references to this subject that it causes=
 a lot
of problems with supply provision/billing etc, so I am very loathe to go do=
wn
the metered route if I can avoid it.

Regards,
Dave Oliver