[TCUG] Re: Kerbside detectors for Puffins (and To ucans?)

  • From: "Ian Berkley" <ian.berkley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:21:05 +0000

** High Priority **

Dave,

Here's some info you might find useful - The AGD620 units reset
themselves every 60 minutes, so if the "active" time for a detector to
go into the DFM is above 60 you wont get any problems with false
reports.

Ian Berkley
UTC Sefton M.B.C

I've read all of the responses sent to you Howard, and in Stoke we
have
experienced the exact same problems. We have trialled extensively the
new=
 AGD
620 (video imaging detector) and as Peter Jones has pointed out they go
pd
below 3 lux. This has lead us to having to take them out of the DFM
entirel=
y so
they are not monitored at all. It's either this or get spurious faults
via=
=20the
UTC or RMS. And so now we don't even know when they've gone faulty!
We are starting to adopt the stance of having no kerbside detection at
all.
Good luck,
Dave Rostron

Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
Any views expressed by the sender of this message
are not necessarily those of Sefton MBC

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.
It is intended for the named recipients only. If you are not the named
recipient please notify the sender and do not disclose the contents
to any other party.