[TCUG] Hi Star vehicle counting equipment

  • From: Bull Peter <Peter.Bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:16:15 -0000

A question has been raised through the CSS Traffic and Environment Committee
about the safety of Hi Star vehicle counting equipment:

"I understand that the safety implications of this equipment were discussed
at CSS Transport and Environment Committee earlier this year and that you
were seeking comments. Concerns have been raised in Derbyshire by pedal
cyclists and motor cyclists that they represent a danger but I have no
knowledge of any resulting accidents. I would be grateful of any feedback
which you may have received from other Authorities."

If anyone has any useful experience they could share could they reply to
this message, and copy their reply to paul.elliott.pt [AT] norfolk.gov.uk

The Hi Star equipment is based on magnetic imaging principles and is housed
in a case 165x140x16mm which is screwed or nailed onto the carriageway, more
details are at:

http://www.nu-metrics.com/pages/products/04_histar.html
The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be
disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the
addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as
soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for
the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a
public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or
amended please tell us as soon as possible.