[TCUG] Re: Generator

  • From: "Grahame Bath" <grahame.bath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:38:20 +0100

YES WE HAVE !

Capitals used to emphasise the problem we had.
As electricity board (Seeboard) refused to accept responsibility, we had to
bear the cost of replacement Pelican controller
My advice is - advise electricity board in writing of potential problem,
record faults up to and after date of generator use.
Whether or not this proves your case I am not sure - but at least you will
be better armed than us.

Mind you, having said that, we even enjoyed the hassle experienced by
Seeboad when their generator was stolen.
Yes, I do mean the huge heavy units - someone arrived with a truck and HIAB
- and took it away one night!

Regards

Grahame Bath

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grahame Bath
Senior Engineer, Traffic Systems
Surrey County Council
020 8541 7346 (Tel)   020 8541 7366 (Fax)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      "Chris Mulholland"

                      <sotonutc@xxxxxxxxx        To:       "TCUG"
<tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      emon.co.uk>                cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  [TCUG] Generator

                      tcug-bounce@freelis

                      ts.org

                      18/10/2004 10:33

                      Please respond to

                      tcug

Has anybody had a bad experience when the electricity board decide to use a
generator as a temporary power supply. I have heard rumours of Char Broiled
controllers when they have been wired in this way! Perhaps this was an
isolated incident. The permanent repair is going to take weeks so we may
not have a choice!
Regards,

Chris Mulholland

Southampton City Council

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and cannot be taken as
an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing
mail.
Whilst every care has been taken to check this outgoing e-mail for viruses, it
is your responsibility to carry out any checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website - http://www.surreycc.gov.uk