[TCUG] Flat top road humps

  • From: "Wears, Russell" <russell.wears@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tcug (E-mail)" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:59:20 +0100

Has anyone ever used a flat topped road hump at a controlled crossing point?
We are converting a four arm roundabout junction to traffic signals and one
of the arms will require a flat topped hump at the crossing point (the
street is part of an existing traffic calming scheme).  I would appreciate
any advice or standard details, or a clue as to the relevant
standards/regulations I should be looking at.

Thanks.

Russell Wears
Principal Engineer
(Traffic and Planning)