[tccrockets] TCC Club meeting - 05/18/14

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 22:32:36 -0700

Hi Folks,

We had a club meeting after tear-down and pick-up; here are the minutes and
decisions:

- Membership - on or before January 2014, there will be a $25/yr club
membership. It will be from the time it is due to the next calendar year.
Anyone can be a member. If you think about it, in the end it will save
fliers money anyhow - not this year since there are so few launches, but
next year for sure. Intention is to better maintain operating capital.

- Equipment cleaning party - Aaron will organize the party, we're trying to
pick somewhere that is equidistant from everyone so we can have good
representation and get things done quickly.
Saturday July 19th will be the date - so save it.

Equipment update
- Chris and Jimmy are going to investigate an upscale quad-pod for the Away
cell so that we can have both 21-22 active at big launches.
- We need to get the following items on/before the next cleaning party

Blackrock Launch
- We will apply for some Blackrock waivers next year and if people are
interested we can have a get-away TCC Blackrock launch either before or
after Balls.

Internet
-The list, website, and FB pages will all be upgraded. A forum will be
installed for people to post build/pictures, etc. The use of FB is open to
everyone (facebook.com/tccrockets) you can post whatever you want so long
as it pertains to Rockets and Tripoli Central California. James D to
investigate Mail/Chat issues.

Marketing and Outreach
- We're going to make banners, stickers, and put them in hobby shops all
over California to recruit more members.  Aaron, James, Ben, Mike, Richard
to work on concept drawings and will post when ready.

Thanks and stay tuned for an update on the cleaning party location and
membership cards.