[tccrockets] Re: TCC Blackrock?

  • From: "Robert " <mrairobert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 07:20:33 -0700

I could probably be convinced to go. It is a pretty big commitment to get out there and back.

Robert Zylstra

On Fri, 30 May 2014 23:03:40 -0700, Richard King <drrbk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our esteemed President – James- brought up the prospect of our club members making the trek to Blackrock to conduct >it’s own “balls” (note the lower case “b”) launch some time in the future. I just wanted to get a sense of how many >people in our club would be interested in making the trek. I’m guessing about a third of us have made the trip many times >and some have never been. I cannot begin to describe the experience of being at Blackrock. It’s like the old west, Indian >reservations, antelope, crazy open spaces, rental cars going 100+ mph for miles at a time, bizarre rock formations, volcanic >hot springs, people taking risks with their rockets they wouldn’t ever do anywhere else (Shawn knows what I’m talking >about...), stars seemingly so close you can see the milky way from one horizon to the other, eerie silence, potentially >hostile weather and of course the clearest visibility imaginable. I’ve only been 20 times or so, but I never get tired of >going. Making the trip with a bunch of TCC members would be so cool! In addition, the only hotel – and a must see >anyway – Bruno's, can get booked solid during Balls (I’m still on the wait list), but we could book a weekend where it >would look like more of a ghost town than it already is. At this time, I’m just resonating with James’ energy about a bunch of us doing this! I know I have an N3400 skid that >needs that place! Heck, if there’s enough interest, maybe a group project really would need to be considered? Just >saying.........
What kind of interest is there among us?
Richard King