[tccrockets] Re: Nice seeing everyone

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:00:17 -0700

Wow, that's really something ... glad you got everything back.

Ha! You left - we wondered where you went!

No problem Scott, we'll have you do some cable
spooling/de-spooling next time to make up for it :-)

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:46 AM, scott yow <syow13@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Many thanks to all and great to see everyone yesterday :)

Not sure what i did to please the rocket gods, but somehow they decided to
do me a favor. Two birds went up - > one over 10k ft, another just
under. I thought i was going to have a bugger of a time getting at least
one of them back as we couldn’t pick it up in the sky and the tracker
wasn’t working (need to figure that problem out later!). As luck would
have it, after i drove over to get the first one - i looked up and saw the
second one in a tree about 20 feet behind it! go figure.. though we could
not see the mains deploy on either, both deployed just fine and neither
rocket had any damage other than some scratched paint from removing out of
the trees.

would have loved to stay to burn one more motor and support mike in the
process, but the wife had called and informed me that we were volunteered
to help at a party (you know how that goes!)…

see you all next time!