[tccrockets] Lost Hybrid

  • From: mike bailey <aerofabb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 02:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

I wasn't able to find my hybrid that was launched Saturday.  Its the rocket
that's yellow and black that flew on a L575
hypertek motor.  I know it came in ballistic, I put my trust in someone who I
asked to bring the ladder and in the process of trying to figure out why the
fill solenoid wouldn't  open to fill it, I forgot all about needing the ladder
that I never got to arm my electronics.  So If anyone has a picture of it or
video of the flight plz let me know, as this was my level 3 rocket last flight.
 There is a $100.00 reward for anyone who finds the impact site, but plz don't
dig it out without me there, as the ejection charges may still be active.  I'm
sure there wont be anything left that can survive a crash like that and I think
the whole rocket went into the ground since I couldn't find anything sticking
out, and the ground out there was soft.  So if anyone saw where it crashed or
have a video showing its flight I would sure appreciate it if you can post it
or email me a copy of it.