[tccrockets] Re: NAR junior level one

  • From: David Weinshenker <daze39@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:09:09 -0700

Jack Garibaldi wrote:
> Maybe in a NAR club, but Tripoli does not
> have Jr level certification I will check
> with headquarters.

Hmmm... I note that the section of the rules you quoted
in your previous message includes the following:

"2-18.1.1 Exception: Non-HPR Fliers are allowed in the
High Power Launch Area if escorted by a HPR Flier."

I wonder whether this might be applied to allow a "junior cert"
flier to set up a rocket on the HPR pads under the supervision
of a certified mentor, as a "Non-HPR Flier ... escorted by a HPR
Flier." (Perhaps I'm missing something but this seems like it
might be a reasonable interpretation of the rule as written...)

-dave w