[tccrockets] Re: Fwd: AeroTech Announcement: RMS-EZ Notice

  • From: David Robb <robbdm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 01:22:26 +0000 (UTC)

Attached is what one of these failures looks like on an I357T... caught my two
stage wildman jr on liftoff at 2015 NXRS at end of June... no real damage short
recovery walk.

I like the I357T but will stop using AT RMS-EX forwards.

==================David M. Robbrobbdm@xxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>To: TCC
chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:04:41 -0000
(UTC)Subject: [tccrockets] Fwd: AeroTech Announcement: RMS-EZ Notice

From: RCS Customer Service <customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date: July
14, 2015 at 7:31:58 AM MSTTo: RCS Customer Service
<customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject:AeroTech Announcement: RMS-EZ
Notice

RMS-EZ Notice

Dear Dealers and Customers,

This notice is to inform you of a potential issue with the recently released
AeroTech 38mm "RMS-EZ" reload kits with the modular forward bulkheads. We have
been made aware of a small number of early ejection events occurring while
using these kits. These incidents do not appear to be tied to any particular
lot number(s) but instead seem to be related to the temperature cycling of a
particular batch of adhesive used to bond the delay element into the modular
forward bulkhead. We were able to duplicate the problem at our facility by
repeatedly temperature cycling certain RMS-EZ reload kits over a period of
several days.

RCS/AeroTech is actively researching the delay adhesive issue, but until a
solution is found we request that flyers and dealers use one of the
recently-released RMS-Plus "Complete Reload Delay Kits&rdquo; (CRDKs) instead
of the modular bulkhead supplied with the RMS-EZ kit. The CRDKs are being
distributed free of charge to all RCS/AeroTech customers and can be installed
in standard legacy 38mm RMS forward closures. The time delay of each CRDK can
be adjusted using the AeroTech RMS Delay Drilling Tool (RDDT). All the CRDKs
are supplied in the longest delay time available for the particular intended
motor configuration.

Also, RCS will begin shipping the RMS-EZ kits in the RMS-Plus configuration
with the same shipping tube, but clearly marked as &ldquo;RMS-Plus&rdquo;
reloads. When RMS-EZ reload kit shipments resume, they will also include a
matching CRDK so that consumers will have the option of using either delay
charge solution for their rockets.

Dealers are asked to inventory their stock and advise us of the number of CRDKs
they will need to retrofit RMS-EZ reload kits covered by this notice.
Additionally, customers possessing any RMS-EZ reload kits are asked first to
contact their respective dealer to obtain the CRDKs, if that is not convenient
then they can contact RCS directly.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for our dealers and
their customers, and we thank you for your continued support.

Best regards,

Karl BaumannVice PresidentRCS RMC, Inc.