[tccrockets] Fwd: AeroTech Announcement: RMS-EZ Notice

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 14:04:41 -0700

*From:* RCS Customer Service <customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* July 14, 2015 at 7:31:58 AM MST
*To:* RCS Customer Service <customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* *AeroTech Announcement: RMS-EZ Notice *

*RMS-EZ Notice Dear Dealers and Customers, This notice is to inform you of
a potential issue with the recently released AeroTech 38mm "RMS-EZ" reload
kits with the modular forward bulkheads. We have been made aware of a
small number of early ejection events occurring while using these kits.
These incidents do not appear to be tied to any particular lot number(s)
but instead seem to be related to the temperature cycling of a particular
batch of adhesive used to bond the delay element into the modular forward
bulkhead. We were able to duplicate the problem at our facility
by repeatedly temperature cycling certain RMS-EZ reload kits over a period
of several days. RCS/AeroTech is actively researching the delay adhesive
issue, but until a solution is found we request that flyers and dealers use
one of the recently-released RMS-Plus "Complete Reload Delay Kits” (CRDKs)
instead of the modular bulkhead supplied with the RMS-EZ kit. The CRDKs are
being distributed free of charge to all RCS/AeroTech customers and can be
installed in standard legacy 38mm RMS forward closures. The time delay of
each CRDK can be adjusted using the AeroTech RMS Delay Drilling Tool
(RDDT). All the CRDKs are supplied in the longest delay time available for
the particular intended motor configuration. Also, RCS will begin shipping
the RMS-EZ kits in the RMS-Plus configuration with the same shipping tube,
but clearly marked as “RMS-Plus” reloads. When RMS-EZ reload kit shipments
resume, they will also include a matching CRDK so that consumers will have
the option of using either delay charge solution for their rockets. Dealers
are asked to inventory their stock and advise us of the number of CRDKs
they will need to retrofit RMS-EZ reload kits covered by this notice.
Additionally, customers possessing any RMS-EZ reload kits are asked first
to contact their respective dealer to obtain the CRDKs, if that is not
convenient then they can contact RCS directly. We apologize for any
inconvenience this may have caused for our dealers and their customers, and
we thank you for your continued support.*

*Best regards, Karl BaumannVice PresidentRCS RMC, Inc.*