[tccrockets] DA Treasurer's Report

  • From: "Richard King" <drrbk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 18:56:33 -0700

This year’s DA launch was very well attended and people flew, ate and drank to
their heart’s content!
As a result, the club made a good profit, which is good news to those TCC
owes....
I don’t have all the toilet and shirt bills yet, but if history is any
indicator, we should be able to put another grand towards the launch control
system and bring our account back up to over $3K.  I will have exact figures in
a week or so when the bills come due.

A big thanks to our shirt sponsors!
This year Bay Area Rocketry was added as a sponsor.  TCC also thanks Shawn
Stephens, Rob Diehl, Fruity Chutes, Mad Cow Rocketry, Jack Garibaldi and James
Dougherty.

I hope everyone got a chance to meet our new/main motor vendor – Bay Area
Rocketry.  I heard he had plenty of motors and will likely get to know our
needs even better in the future.  Welcome!

I wish I could have come out Sunday, but around 3:30 AM the Alarm company and
the Fresno PD woke me up to come down to my office and deal with a
break-in/clean up.  The good news was that there’s a bust and no losses this
time!  The cops were on it this time!  All is well.

Thanks to Ben for picking out a most excellent beer!  A worthy amount of
research went into the selection and we are blessed Ben was up to the
challenge.  The Boy Scouts did a fantastic job as has been their tradition the
past several years.  Great kids, flyers, cooks, citizens!

We had a good deal of people willing to help out with clean up and operations.
Things really felt like the club was having a good time.  Maybe with all our
bills paid, we can return to the days where we had bands playing at these
events!?

Cheers!
Richard King
TCC Secretary and Treasurer