[tccrockets] Re: Anyone have access to a water jet machine?

  • From: Chris Attebery <chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 20:13:31 -0700

I wish I could make that work Dennis. Thanks for the offer.

On Thursday, June 4, 2015, Dennis Yeh <dennismyeh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ucla MAE has a water jet - I'm graduating in a week though. If you could
somehow get the .dxf and material down to LA I might be able to get the
piece made but no guarantees :(

If it's small and aluminum, I could probably do it with just the .dxf.

How thick / big are your pieces and what size?

-Dennis
On Jun 4, 2015 7:01 PM, "Chris Attebery" <chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

I've never met Bob. Is he on this list?

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 6:13 PM, James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jafrado@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

Chris

Ask Bob Feretich ... He's a pro!

That 230 class fee is cheap for the value of the class - I'm terrified
of water jets- Bob will tell you why if the waiver didn't scare you off
already :-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2015, at 3:22 PM, Chris Attebery <chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

I checked. It's $230 just to take the class to on how run it.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Berry Van Oostende <bv3017@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','bv3017@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

Chris,
I believe that Tech shop in SanJose has a water jet but that requires a
membership...
On Jun 4, 2015 10:04 AM, "Chris Attebery" <chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I need to have some water jet cutting done. I've been looking around
and so far BigBlueSaw.com has given me the best quote, but it was
still more than I'd like. If any of you have access to one of these please
let me know.

Thanks,

Chris Attebery

--