[tcb] Re: tecnical stuff

  • From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:02:47 -0700 (PDT)

I used the wilfgang int drop spindles in the front and
their spring plate kit in the rear ,just like Denis
did, on the Wolfgang spindles they do it in a way that
it doesn't effect the way your shocks work or spread
your wheels out in furthure , niether mine or Denises
bus 's have a narrowed beam ,I think people do that to
get bigger tires or sumin under there , I'M not sure
about anybody elses stuff but these were a bolt on and
go deal ,I CALLED bOB BEFORE i wrote this but he said
the spindles were dead on what the stock with would
have been

--- Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You CAN lower a bus this way, I would not recommend
> it.
> You can lower the rear like we have been discussing
> here, It will
> only ruin the camber (cause the tires to wear out
> quick) eat the CV
> joints, put the weight of the bus on the wrong part
> of the springs
> arc and make it handle funky.
>
> As far as lowering the front the way you are talking
> about DON'T!
> It will be low, but not safe.
>
> If you spend the money on drop spindles, don't
> forget that the
> spindles make the front track wider by 3 inches or
> more.
> The only way to overcome this is by narrowing the
> beam (not cheap)
>
> I have spent a bunch of time looking at all the
> different ways to
> lower a bay.
> I have come to the conclusion to NOT lower Homer.
> The only way I would consider doing it would be with
> the stuff from:
>
> http://www.bus-boys.com/
>
> And it is not cheap!
>
> Get the heater working first..........
>
> On Oct 26, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Brian Denning wrote:
>
> > so then adjusting the torsion bars is then
> something that could be
> > done in order to lower your bus as well correct?
> what about the
> > front? i have seen where it is given step by step
> on how to do it
> > by adjusting the torsion bars and relocating the
> steering box.
> > would that be a good way of doing it? basically i
> only want like a
> > 3 inch on the back and maybe 3.5 to 4 inches in
> the front. or
> > should i opt for drop spindles on the front.
> basically i am trying
> > to kinda lower it in as cheep a way as possible
> but i want it to
> > be safe. i know that this is discussing raising
> but i am looking
> > into lowering.  sorry about hacking the topic.
> >

> >> From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
> >> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Subject: [tcb] Re: tecnical stuff
> >> Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:42:23 -0500
> >>
> >> Denis:
> >> As in most things in life, it depends.  I have
> done this process
> >> many times on both swing axle and IRS VWs.  Did
> it a couple of
> >> months ago on my panel van to reverse some
> idiot's rat rod
> >> lowering job they had done to it.  Simple and
> took about 1 hour
> >> total time on each side (2 hours total).  BUT!  I
> have also gotten
> >> into ones where it wasn't simple and everything
> that could go
> >> wrong did in fact go wrong.  Example:  Worked
> once all day long on
> >> one side trying to get it right.  Point:  It can
> be simple; but it
> >> can also run into problems, particularly if
> [...]
toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone
H.B.B
T.C.B.