[tcb] Re: steering box

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:37:48 -0600

I would recommend anyone to Wolfgang. They have always been a high quality
source and are a class act.

I was looking at replacing my steering box at one point and was talking about
it with Steve at Wolfgang. He convinced me to take mine apart and clean it  He
explained how it worked and how to adjust it. Alot of time, I think people
expect the steering to work better and old VW busses don't really handle all
that well. Steve Chamberlain drove Murray and said how well it steered and I
still think that it is very sloppy.

About the core policy at Wolfgang: the cores are so rare that, at that time
they would not send you a new one until they had received yours. I don't think
there was an actual core charge because they won't sell you one until they get
the core.