[tcb] our Galveston report

  • From: Sharon Chamberlain <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:40:25 -0500

Steve and I went to Galveston Jan1,
Camping is a problem.
Galveston state park won't be open til summer or later, Jamaica Beach is full
of construction workers(as is most of the motels) he wasn't sure they would
even have the empty field open for us,he said we could call him back the 15th,
right now its leased out and full of construction machinery.
Not sure about the Mardi Gras itself, there basically is no Strand, the shops
downtown are all empty, like a ghost town.Yaga is still open, she wasn't sure
how long they would stay.
All the shops over the water are gone but most of the new construction was
fine, the shrimp-poboy place was ok.