[tcb] Re: food plans???

  • From: "Fred McDonald" <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:57:31 -0500

Hi Paul,
Back during the Bug Swarm I mentioned that I needed an engine hatch hinge
and you said that you might have one. Can you check and see if you do have
one? I bought two new ones from California Imports; their suppose to fit
1955 to 1976 buses. I painted them and I had to drill out and re-tap two
screws from the bus that were totally seized. I installed the first hinge
and it snapped when I tried to close the hatch. I compared the second hinge
with the original one and they are not the same. The new hinge doesn't
collapse far enough for the hatch to close completely. (what a rip) I bet
these hinges were made in Mexico. I took the pin out of the new hinge and
flipped on half of the hinge over and put the pin back in. This allows the
hinge to collapse far enough but it doesn't look right. (short term fix)
Word to the wise, if you need an engine cover hinge, don't but the ones from
California Imports.