[tcb] Re: What roads lead to Eureka???

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:14:35 -0500

Thanks for the info.  I checked the maps and Hwy 259 & Hwy 59 all the way
looks pretty good.  I didn't know Hwy 59 went north through Oklahoma and
over to Arkansas.  Lot's of small towns and about 90 miles of scenic highway
from Broken Bow to Heavener.  Heavener is known for the Heavener Runestone
left by Norse explorers around 750 AD. (I guess my Oklahoma Today magazine
from mom came in handy)

How many folks from the Houston area are planning to make the trip?  We
could also pick-up some folks along the way from Nacogdoches & Longview.

I'm game for leaving anytime after about 5:30 Wednesday night.

See you at Trader's Village on the 1st.  Maybe we can start firming up some
times.

Ronnie

Hope to make a test run this weekend after installing a new tranny from
Oakhill last weekend.