[tcb] Searchin' for a Lockin' Gas Cap for 69 Bus

  • From: Neil <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:51:18 -0700 (PDT)

Some RAT BASTID syphoned my gas last Friday night...I
had filled up Friday evening in anticipation of
cruising to Wax-a-hoochie for the Ren Fest Sat.
mornin'...I KNOW I can get at least 240+ miles on a
tank.
I made it RIGHT up to the exit for the Ren Fest when I
ran otta gas.  Has to run the 300+ yards to the Exxon
Con. store, paid $10 for a 1 gal. Gas can, then sprint
back to gas up the bus.
Soooo, with gas prices gettin' higher, and the
realization that thieves are gonna steal gas to get to
werk (stealin'), this is gonna happen more and more.
All I could find are lockin' gas caps for 72 and up.
Anyone know if a 72 filler tube will fit on a 69
tank???  Damn thieves!