[tcb] Re: Reserve gas tank lever info needed

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:17:07 -0800 (PST)

James:  James King in Houston had one of those levers advertised on the Samba a
few weeks ago.  I looked through his ads real quick on the Samba and don't see
it now, but you might e-mail him and see if he still has it.  Just do a search
on bus parts for Texas and you will see a bunch of his ads listed under seller
James K.  Houston or Conroe.  Also, you might try Peter Albarian who has a
bunch
of early bus parts he has been selling on the Samba.  Listed again under bus
parts/Texas seller Pcalbar in San Antonio.

When I restored my panel I fabricated one by just looking at some pictures in
the bus manual (I think).  Not difficult to do.  I then found one on a 59 in a
salvage yard and spent about 1/2 hour in the dirt under the bus taking it off.
I still have the one that I fabricated, but finding it would be another
matter.
I really don't even know where to look.