[tcb] Re: Rear wheel outer seal removal

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 17:23:05 -0600

It depends on what you call special tools. Most of the people I know don't have a torque wrench, an axle nut wack-a-tool or one of those torque multipliers. The axle nut on either a swing or irs needs to be torqued down.

On 1/7/2011 2:11 PM, Eric Woodall wrote:
Sounds like you just need a new rubber stub axle seal.
No special tools needed but make sure you have some gear oil as you probably
lost some due to the leak.

On Jan 7, 2011, at 1:45 PM, "Ten Over Surf Co."<tenover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Anyone have experience with this?
I removed the rear drums and replace the shoes and wheel cylinders but noticed
something oozing out around the seal when I turned the axle.

The bearings aren't making any noise but would like to fix the small leak so
the brakes stay clean.
Do I need any special tools to remove and install a new seal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks