[tcb] Re: : New evc

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:51:48 -0500

One thing i think you should consider is hopefully with that bus being a 2007
alot of the interior panels are abs plastic instead of the thick 1/2" and 3/4"
woods that our old westies have, which will result in a much lighter load

Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:55:07 -0500
From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: : New evc

Features schmeatures...

I think what everybody forgets is how much "weight" we lug around in a Westy.
All the time.

If you were a nomad or used it constantly then it would be worth it otherwise
it would be like my parents
old Ford Camper.  Let's see, a "Dreamer" deluxe camper that weighed in at just
under 2100 lbs.  Had a full size
cab over bed and a 2 1/2 food drop rear extension.  Ahh yes.  In the 70s and
early 80s it spent most of its time
under the tree out front.  With a 72 Ford F250 with a 390 underneath it mileage
was a great 9MPG...

Mind you, this was an "upgrade" from the 70 Hardtop Westy my step dad had that
he drove daily .

They'd also load it up (including the westy) with enough material to outlast
the next WOrld War.  Clothes, Food, other gear.
The westy alone must have had 500 lbs of junk in it all the time.

Ahh those were the gold old days..

From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] : New evc
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:08:21 +0000

> Have anyone seen this? The Danbury which is available in Mexico or
> other South American countries, is rated better than the VW California.
> You can always fly down to purchase and drive it back. I was searching
> on the Danbury and there is a guy that sells it on theSamba.
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ehz-AIqszY

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
From: turbocivicdx@xxxxxxxxx
To: ev_update@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ev_update] Re: New evc
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:22:32 +0000

            Have anyone seen this? The Danbury which is available in Mexico or

other South American countries, is rated better than the VW California.

You can always fly down to purchase and drive it back. I was searching

on the Danbury and there is a guy that sells it on theSamba.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ehz-AIqszY

    __._,_.___

            Messages in this topic           (12)

            Reply           (via web post)

          Start a new topic

                Messages
            |    Files
            |    Photos
            |    Links
            |    Database
            |    Polls
            |    Members
            |    Calendar

          To unsubscribe from this group, send a message to

      Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
format to Traditional

        Visit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |

        Unsubscribe