[tcb] Re: Mirrors

  • From: JKi7886155@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:15:26 EDT

Dennis:

I think I have a pair in storage. If you are still in Houston and want them
give me a call and I will see if I can find them.

Jack (713) 956-5800

In a message dated 10/18/06 8:23:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
coocoo@xxxxxxx writes:

I just  came in from driving from Wiesenhiemer Road and 610 here in the happy
town of  Houston and I gotta tell you that, as I was crossing two lanes of
traffic in  the friggin' dark, and everyone doing 90 while I am doing a brisk
65
and I'm  having to force my way into lanes because...well, it's Houston, I
remembered  fondly that in 1972 I was driving a 1960 bus that had these big
stable  vertical mirrors, called California or truck mirrors. The only knock
I've
ever  heard about them was that you had to drill holes into you doors to
install  them. Well, as I am looking into the passenger side elephant ears and
trying  to will my brain into reading the wiggling distortion of headlights and
trying  to decode the distance and speed of the hazardous asshole who won't let
me  come over. I was hearing a voice in my head saying "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO
 TOMORROW AND BUY SOME DAMN TRUCK MIRRORS SO YOU WON"T DIE IN A FLAMING ORGY
OF  TWISTED METAL AND BROKEN GLASS!!!"

So? Go ahead all you purists and  tell me how I am going to mess up what
little stock is left to my bus. I have  always said that as long as the "new"
stuff was not an improvement, I wouldn't  use it, but I am afraid that this is
safety improvement that is undeniable.  If I am going to drive my bus for the
net 30 or so days, many times, on major  highways, I may need to improve the
visability.

So,  there.