[tcb] MOTOR OUT OF THE ZONE

  • From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

Well after the Fredricksburg trip we thought we heard
something from the motor that we didn't like ,We
checked the valves and they were ok ,took the rockers
off and found that the head was alittle loose ,we
tightened it up and was ready for ennis, I made the
Ennis trip ok ,but it still didn't sound right
,checked the valves and they had tightened up abit,
,we took the head off and found that we had a low spot
od the head surface that was causeing the problem, we
took the head to be resurfaced to a freinds in Lorena
TX.He surfaced the head and everything looked good
,then we pulled one of the valves and found the real
reason of our problems, a burnt valve seat, make a
trophy out of the head , My freind Bob has a set of
step heads that are suppose to run better and cooler.
I was lucky I didn't loose the whole motor, Morle of
the story ,If you hear your engine sound not right
,it's probably something not right, Change the oil
more than is called for and drive,em, I should be on
thr road by Friday ,with no other surprizes

=====
Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone
Aka "The Bus People"