[tcb] Re: Last question regarding paint, no really!

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

a 56 and a 57 one black one grey. I don't think there is a definitive answer so
I'll go grey with sealing wax red straps. Thanks everyone (except Will : )!

From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Last question regarding paint, no really!
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, April 5, 2010, 8:24 AM

I noticed this weekend that the gas tank was painted black and the straps were
Sealing Wax Red. I saw a nicely restored 23 Window that had a grey tank with
black straps. We then looked at Jay's other Bus and noticed one was grey and 1
was black but both had the straps painted body color.

So should I leave it black? What is correct? I'd rather it be grey because the
contrast behind the fan shroud would look better  in my opinion but want to be
stock of course.
Anyway this is definitely the last paint question. The show is in 2 weeks! I
can't believe how much left there is to do but Jay said they'll work 12 hor
days so the engine can go in this Saturday...