[tcb] Re: Knucklehead questions

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

Also is you are running a 009 distributor, you need to set the timing @ 28
degrees at 3000 rpm which will give you 12 degrees advance at idle. Or bring it
to me and I will take a look at it.

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If it is running fine why mess with it before a long trip?
.006
My engle says .004
.008 is too much I think, rattles.
You can only set NEW points to .015, old points must be set with a
dwell meter 48 degrees max (I think)
If it is running good DRIVE it down and Mark and I will tune it.
For Mark and I tuning IS fun!
I think I will do mine there too!

On Oct 6, 2004, at 7:51 AM, Denis Dodson wrote:

> My bus is running so well that I am hesitant do any work on it, but
> for the first time in what feels like a year, I am going to tune up
> the engine and do the brakes.
> The problem is that all my books are still in storage and I think I
> have gone senile. I can't remember, without any question whether to
> set my valves at .006 or .008. I am pretty sure it's .006. And since I
> am still running points I need to set them at .015 yes? I have a 1914
> type 1 with dual Kadrons.
>
> Maybe I ought to tow it down there this weekend and let Mark do it
> all. Is he going to have time to have any fun, or is he going to work
> on our busses all the time?

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.