[tcb] Re: Gas Tank

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 06:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

Up, no.  It's a Type I with the mechanical sender.  What you probably had in
the Westy was a Bay tank which is common conversion for the Split Type II and
they have an electrical sender.  The problem is how to make the mech sender
work with the deeper Type I tank.

Matt Callahan <m58gc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi Sammy.
We had one of those in our 67 westy.
To mount it I used two pieces of 1x2 under the tank
where the straps are and I believe that the later
sending unit is availiable from aftermarket suppliers
like cip1 or wolfsburg west.

Good luck brother!
Matt