[tcb] Re: Fuel pump outlet reseating

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:39:32 -0800 (PST)

I don't have any experience with the aftermarket ones coming out; but the
original fuel pumps or the original style fuel pumps have the problem.  What I
have done is take the outlet pipe out, knurl it on the fitting end (you can do
this by tightening some pliers around it and then turning it inside the jaws of
the pliers till it has some good knurling on it) then smear lock-tit on it and
tap it back in with gentle taps from a hammer.  To be really safe; then safety
wire it so it won't pop out and set your engine on fire.