[tcb] Re: Fuel pump outlet reseating

  • From: Gary Alexander <garypalexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:42:24 -0600

I do 2 things on those:
pull it out the outlet, clean really well, then smear some jb weld around
and re-install AND/OR install and peen with a very small punch, around the
outlet where it matches up with the pump body.

I have rebuilt a few of the old style rebuildable pumps as well, kits
available at Wolfsburg West.
Just make sure you pre-load the pump when installign diaphragm.

Most new 'chineese' fuel pumps pump way too high fuel pressure.... might
add as well.
good luck!

gary
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx