[tcb] Re: Cali trip report.

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:01:06 -0400

I went to high school there in the 70s and for a time in the 80s was a
somewhat permanent resident.   So, technically at one time I *could* afford
to live there.  Just renting however.  The PITA was summer traffic and
weekends.  You had to plan ahead for the weekend because you'd usually lose
your parking place to tourists and don't get me started about sweeping sand
off my sidewalks and "can I use your bathroom?" )~!*(@)#(*!#)@(

Last Thursday Night I took a drive with my wife down to the carnival area on
the Newport Peninsula to cheer her up.  There was a Real Estate Sign board
across the street with advertised homes.  "Beach Front - $3,699,000" and
others but minimum buy in was $1.5Mil minimum.