[tcb] Re: Cali trip report.

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:47:02 -0700 (PDT)

Ah!  Newport Beach.  Always wanted to be able to afford to live there.  Didn't
necessarily want to live there, just wanted to be able to afford to.

From: w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, August 17, 2009, 11:49 AM

Outside of Germany it always has been.  I should warn you Sammie, most of the
splits were lowered.  I saw a 59 that looks to have once been a Westy running
195/45s all around.  It was funny to watch the guy and his girlfriend bouncing
up and down.

I'm surprised however that during previous trips out there I hadn't seen many
earlies but they were there.  I guess gas prices drove them back out of hiding.
  That and a lot of super beetles..

No rabbits though or 80s metal for that matter other than a couple of Vanagons.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

SOCAL, the hot bed of VW activity.