[tcb] Re: Bus door seals

  • From: Katrina Martin <k.d.martin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:49:43 -0600

My advice is not to have small children around when doing the vent windows for the first time. (James said this)

Or any adults around! But you do need at least one other patient person to help put the windows back in.

On Nov 23, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Katrina Martin wrote:

Oh Alma your in for a long haul of doing those bus seals...It's not cheap either! Dan did all of the seals in our bay, except the driver door and passenger door,which includes the vent ones on the drivers & passenger sides. We still have those, but he just wasn't up to doing those after doing all the others. Yes you need to remove all of the windows. It's not easy doing the seals....But it can be done. Patience grasshopper patience....

Katrina & Dan Martin
71'bus "Homer"
http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin

On Nov 23, 2009, at 8:32 AM, James Dwan wrote:

Yes, yes and yes. My advice is not to have small children around when doing the vent windows for the first time. It can be frustrating. I don't think it's possible to remove the vent window without disconnecting the main window from the regulator at least. If you got felts then it's easier with it out.
Did you get German or Brazilian door seals?