[tc] Re: A short tale for the list.

  • From: Хирон <centaur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:05:44 +0300

Rown, first and foremost, even before telling you my thoughts about your story, I want to thank you. I have read the story `from cover to cover`, unable to stop or do anything else but follow the lines with my eyes. It was a pleasure I have not experienced for a long time, and that made my idea of you as an excellent writer even stronger. Thank you, Rown! I might not understand what you're going through now, being just a colt, but I can understand that you are a centaur with a heart and mind of an unimaginable clarity, and a steel will.

Rown, your story impressed me. If I put it this way, something might be lost in the way of my feelings, the word does not render the emotions truly. But it's the word that is more or less precise. When I read the beginning, when I read about the events of Adrian's mother's death and the image of him, helpless and too small to realize what has happened, it stung my heart. But the pain subsided when the young centaur found a father, or, better say, his father found him. You wrote about their life together so openly and described it so vividly that when I close my eyes, I still see them together, the elderly human and the young vigorous centaur.

Changes do bring a mess and discontent. I was expecting, to tell the truth, that with the quest to find Adrian's father there would come troubles for both the centaur and his adopted father. But my worries were unreasonable, fortunately. And though the parting is always painful, I think that your story is an exception, for Adrian found his real father and maybe (who knows, after all!) Odin and he saw each other from time to time. And it's a pretty happy end! That's a good story when you can think what it ends with yourself.

To put it plain and simple, I liked the story very much for the kindness, hope and the truth of feelings that eradiates from its every line. It's a story that I would like and certainly will like to read again on a lonely dark evening to warm my heart and tell me once again that dreams come true and miracles happen.

Thank you, Rown! You are right -- you did a good job! Here's to you!

Chiron.

The webpage:
//www.freelists.org/webpage/tc
(no trailing slash!)