[TapeVille] online DJ'S

  • From: Tyler <programmer651@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 15:53:21 -0400

Hello! How do people convert cassettes to digital and make them sound CD
quality? One time a
DJ said an album was only available on cassette, however, when he played it,
there was no hiss.
When I plug a regular audio cable (with headphone port-type plugs on both ends)
from a tape
player to a computer, I get the hiss from the machine, as well as the audio. I
have to reduce the audio
to "old tape quality" (which sounds worse than the tape) just so it doesn't
send the clip meter on
a crazy spree. And even when I let the clip meter do what it pleases, I still
get the hiss, it
just sounds more like I'm actually at the tape player rather than through a
low-pass filter. How did that DJ
make it practically hissless?
Tyler Z
Yes, the owner of this list has a question