[TapeVille] Re: new to list

  • From: jane kronheim <jane.kronheim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 10:57:27 -0500

Hi Ken,

First of all, there are some stand alone units that allow for
automatic transfer from cassette to CD. However, they are tricky to
use and often produce poor quality results. Some people who have a bit
more of a spirit of adventure buy these cassette players with software
that plug into computers and try to convert their old stuff to CD. We
generally don't recommend that.
Voices of Xperience is a well established, independent recording
company that specializes in recording restoration and format
transfers. We guarantee the highest quality results.  We are
professionals with many years of analog and digital recording
experience. Our chief engineer is also totally blind and has extensive
knowledge of the special challenges presented by cassette formatted
materials. (Squeaky tapes usually can't be made less so, however, on
the right machine squeakiness may be reduced. On the wrong machine
those tapes may break.)

If you want professional quality results, give us a call at 603-827-3859.

Jane Kronheim, President of Voices of Xperience