[TapeVille] Re: introduction

  • From: Tyler <programmer651@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 14:27:49 -0400

Welcome! I'm glad you have joined TapeVille! You sound like you'd get along
with me! I have
several commercially available music tapes, as well as home recordings I've
made from 2002 to
2009 (now, I do a lot more with digital). I've been converting a lot of
cassettes into digital
format; I actually did some for a radio tribute group at one point. Yes, I have
radio
tapes. I also research tape looping, which is this form of audio looping people
used to do way back in the
day. Think The Beatles or Terry Riley. I noticed that a site based entirely
around tape
discussion didn't seem to exist online, so I started my own, and I'm always
glad when someone joins
us. Yes, I have gone as digital as anyone else who used to use tapes, but still
tapes are a
subject that deserves to be covered.
Tyler Z